Most Nigerians today are thrown into confusion from one ministry to another, from one organization to another all because they do not have their national identity number.
Some do not even know how to go about printing or getting their nin, but we have done justice to that in the subsequent paragraphs.
How To Download My Nin Slip
Open the MWS Mobile ID app that you’ve downloaded and installed on your phone or tablet (Android or iOS). Make sure you have the most recent version of the software on your mobile device.
- To proceed, you’ll need to enter your PIN on the lock screen.
- From the “Home” screen, select “PRINT NIN SLIP.”.
- In order to proceed, touch on the “Login” button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
This means that you’ve successfully authenticated into the portal linked to your mobile ID app.
You have the option to print Premium or Standard NIN Slips from your dashboard.
- To print the Premium NIN Slip, click on the “PRINT PREMIUM NIN SLIP” button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To proceed, click “Pay With Remita” on the toolbar.
- Choosing a slip and clicking on the “Pay…” button is the next step in the process. You should pay using a credit or debit card.
You should not immediately exit or cancel the app after completing a payment; wait for the REMITA procedure to complete and display a prompt.
An attempt will be made to download the NIN slip.
Users of iOS devices will be prompted to select a place in which to save the pdf file. Next, choose the “Save to files” option in the next widget that appears on your screen.
- To access your NIN slip, tap the “Files” icon in the app part of your mobile device.
- If you’re using your Android device, look in your “Downloads” folder for the saved PDF NIN form.
A “UserID does not exist” error notice when you try to log into the portal can be fixed by following these steps:
- Navigate to the “Settings” section of your NIMC MWS Mobile ID app.
- Tap on the “Wipe Mobile ID Data” option to erase your phone’s information.
- It is likely that you will be prompted to enter your NIN one more time.
- Re-enter your MWS Mobile ID credentials.
When you press the “SECURITY PIN” button, your UserID and OTP for logging into the portal will be shown.
How to print NIN slip using Tracking ID
Your NIN slip can be printed out by dialing *346# from your registered mobile phone or by visiting one of our NIN registration locations with your tracking ID.
How to check my NIMC details online
- Visit the National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] website at www.nimc.gov.ng to see if your National Identity Number (NIN) card is ready.
- To see if your e-ID card is ready for activation, go to the e-ID Card status Portal at the bottom of the page in your mobile app.
How to Apply for a National Identity Number.
The faster your application can be processed, the more strongly we recommend that you register for your NIN via the steps outlined here.
- Obtain and print a copy of the pre-enrollment form by filling it out online Slip of Pre-Registration
- Fill out the NIMC Pre Enrollment online form at the Pre Enrollment Portal.
- All of the required fields must be filled out completely and correctly.
- Send in Your Application.
Bring one of the original and valid supporting documents to a NIMC Registration Center near you to get started.
At the Enrollment Center, you will be taken to a counter where the Enrollment Officer will verify that all of the information on your application is present and correct.
It is up to the Enrollment Officer to take you through the process of taking your biometrics (ten fingerprints, a photograph of your face, etc.). You will receive a notification for the process.
Applicants who are unable to read or write should be accompanied by a literate someone who can fill out the forms on their behalf.
There should be a parent or guardian present to assist minor applicants with the form filling.
Only the genuine and valid birth certificate and NIN slip of one of the Nigerian Parents/guardians should be submitted by minor applicants.
After the biometric data is gathered at enrollment facilities, it usually takes 2 to 3 business days for the NIN Slip to be generated and sent out to the applicant.
Due to the confirmation of information at the NIMC, the issue of a NIN may take longer in some situations than usual. In these types of situations, VFS has no function to play.
The Transaction ID Slip must be preserved securely by the applicant since it must be presented at the time of collecting the NIN Slip indicating completion of enrollment.